Friday, October 26, 2018

    Today we worked out at the Y in the morning, Cia on the treadmill and me on the rowing machine. I haven't done much rowing there, but today it was a pleasure to pump along fairly quickly as I looked out the huge windows at the sky and homes and people proudly (I hope) walking from the parking lot into the Y to take care of their bodies (and lives). I got fairly exhausted fairly soon, and ended the workout with the best of showers.

    From the Y, we went to our weekly writing class, where the topic was "etiquette", and I was amazed at some of the writing my fellow classmates did.  One of the women wrote a scathing attack on the lack of basic manners these days, and not only were her words powerful, but her entire piece was gracefully and stylishly written. Impressive, for sure.


Full moon this morning from the sunroom


 

No comments:

Post a Comment