Friday, November 9, 2018

Yesterday I saw a doctor 
at the Westerly Pain and Spine Clinic, 
and it was a special few minutes for me. 
First of all, I was with my best-friend-ever, Delycia, 
and it was powerful to have her by my side 
as the doctor asked questions and examined me. 
She is full of strength and wisdom (though she would deny both), and being beside her 
as the doctor gave his diagnosis 
was a blessing for me. 
His diagnosis was reasonably optimistic, 
and I almost shook Delycia's hand when he was finished, 
almost as if she and I were both the patient.  


One of the doctor's suggestions 
was that I give up drinking alcohol - 
a major piece of bad news! 
I have been enjoying 
several glasses of wine each day for decades and decades, 
and now, suddenly, the door is closed, shut tight. 
Well . . . I think - I know - I will survive this small crisis. 
Last night, I had a peaceful few hours after dinner, 
talking with Cia, reading, watching a little TV, 
and then fell asleep easily beside her - 
with no help from two glasses of wine. 
A good start, I would say.  

Delycia participated in a protest last night 
against Trump's firing of Jeff Sessions, 
and here are some photos . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment