Tuesday, April 2, 2019

April 2, 2019
     Yesterday we attended our biweekly poetry gathering at the Savoy Bookstore in Westerly, and it was the usual mixture of heartfelt readings - though I, as always, had a hard time following the poems as they were read aloud. These meetings are very helpful to me, as I continue to practice listening more carefully to what people are saying. My lack of attentiveness has become a continuing concern of mine, and I'm especially troubled by my seeming ineptitude at staying focused on words as I hear them being spoken - by poets, by friends, and even by Delycia. It's a project I have embarked on - a journey toward better and better attentiveness to everything, including people's words as they speak to me. 
     But ... it was an enjoyable and inspiring evening for me. Just being with a group of people who love the wizardry of words is a blessing. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment