Friday, October 27, 2017

I had a strong, steady workout at the Y this morning, mostly on the treadmill, where Cia has helped me learn how to use the various programs. Today I pumped strongly and let the program take me along, which kept me free to focus on listening to some spiritual talks on my headphones. 

After our workout, we attended David Madden's weekly writing group, and it was another enjoyable session for me. The general topic was Halloween, and I settled right in and wrote the first draft of a poem. I have found it easier and easier to write poems as the years have passed. I'm not sure how really "good" my poems are, but they are great fun for me to write, and that, first and foremost, is what really counts for me. My poem this morning flowed out from me as easily as a country stream , and it felt good to read it to the group. 

This afternoon, I bundled up and sat outside in the bright, beautiful autumn sunshine for about 30 minutes, just reading and enjoying the season's colors. 

This evening, another special dinner made by my lovely, talented bride.