Sunday, November 19, 2017

I had an excellent 60 minute meditation at the Quaker meeting for worship this morning, just thinking about the amazing fact that only the present moment exists, that it is always totally new, that it consists only of thought, and that it creates and expresses all the power in the universe. Those facts became ever clearer to me as the meeting progressed, and thus I became ever more at peace and relaxed. The challenge for me is to maintain that sense of assurance and peace hour by hour. 

This afternoon, we drove with Matty to Providence to see a Trinity Rep production of "Death of a Salesman". It was , for me, not one of Trinity's best production. The acting often seemed overdone (too much very loud screaming) and several of the actors, including the man who played Willy, just weren't very good. 
However, we had great conversations driving up and back, which made the trip more than worth it.