Thursday, March 29, 2018

Today was an exciting one for us. We got up earlier than usual, had a hearty breakfast, as always, and then drove our wonderful, trustworthy, hard-working 2014 Toyota Camry (with 98,000 miles) up to a Subaru dealer in Somerset, MA, where we traded her in and finalized the purchase of a shiny new 2018 Outback. After an hour or so of signing a few papers and listening to explanations of how the many "bells and whistles" on the car work, we drove down the highway toward home in our cozy, smooth-riding, and easy-handling new car. I was very excited about our purchase, and I think Cia was too, but she was also utterly exhausted, I think, from the many weeks of work she had put into researching and organizing the purchase. Now, as I write this, it is 7:52 pm, and she is sleeping on the couch beside me before a comforting, warming fire. She definitely deserves the rest! I owe her the highest kind of thanks for engineering this wonderful new purchase in our lives.