Monday, August 6, 2018

This morning, a sweltering one, we walked about three miles in Groton, on the hilly road heading into Noank. I was sweating within minutes of starting, stopping as often as possible to wipe my wet face with my floppy hat. I think we both felt fulfilled when we had finished, but also dog- and dead-tired. 

We had two hours of quiet in separate rooms this morning, making the best of time alone to get some work done. We are together most of the time, and we both feel that we need to set aside some hours, possibly each day, to get some personal work done. The house was silent today from 10 to noon, with Cia at her desk in her "office" and I in my lounge chair with my computer. We both felt like we accomplished a lot. 

POETRY SALON TONIGHT -- JAMES SHOUTING HIS POEMS ACROSS THE STORE, YOUNG FLANNERY WHISPERING HERS, AND SOME STRONG POEMS SHARED AROUND THE CIRCLE.