Monday, October 15, 2018



I had a quiet day, mostly spent in a comfortable chair as I slowly recuperate from my lower back injury. I made good use of the time,  however -- reorganizing some of my writing, and working on some new writing projects. It's strange to be house-bound (as Cia would say) and almost chair-bound, to sit all day long and look out a window at the wide world going about its busy business -- mist on a stormy morning, winds, cars cruising here and there, maybe some birds now and then soaring over. I'm learning what it feels like to be a little handicapped -- just a little, because hundreds of millions of people, right at this minute, are far, far more handicapped than I am. But still, I'm learning something about suffering and woe. I hope to be a good student. 

No comments:

Post a Comment