Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Today I went to the newly remodeled YMCA in Mystic, and enjoyed my light workout in the beautiful facility. The bike I rode (gently, for just 20 minutes – my back injury again) was facing the pristine Mystic River through enormous windows. I felt positively inspired by the sight, and look forward to months and years of serious workouts in this rousing setting.


Later, we drove to Jim and Ann’s house, where Jim and I hung out for some good guy talk while our ladies went for a brisk but windy walk on Napatree Beach. It was such fun to talk with Jim about a range of topics, some quite deep and personal – just two old men opening old doors (and new) into their lives. Around noon, we four drove to a little cafĂ©, a favorite of Jim and Ann’s, for a hearty lunch and happy talk.

This evening, we drove to Stonington Point to enjoy the sunset, and it was a special one (below).



No comments:

Post a Comment