Tuesday, October 16, 2018

      We went to the gym early today, after our breakfast and meditation, and we both had healthy workouts, though mine was still fairly laid-back because of my back problems. However, it was fun to feel the sunlight through the big windows over the street as I pumped lightly along on the recumbent bike, listening to some inspiring spiritual thoughts on my headphones.
       Later in the morning, I joined a few long-time teacher friends (all retirees) for coffee and some wonderful conversation at a nearby café. I hadn’t seen some of them in many months (years?), and it was a warm, fulfilling reunion for me.
       Cia and I had lunch at a local café, our very favorite, and enjoyed one of their always tasty wraps (Cia), as well as a black bean burger with salad (me). We took home about half the food, and used it for a light supper, just before leaving for a poetry reading by a good friend at a local library. We love her poems (below), and loved her sensitive, inspiring reading. We feel lucky to know her ....  and lucky to have had another super day in our 70’s.
  
Image result for image margaret gibson book

No comments:

Post a Comment