Tuesday, October 24, 2017



Another "silver sneakers" workout this morning, this one with Polly, a very lively and talkative teacher. We whirled and dipped and swung and high-stepped while she showed us the moves and kept us as entertained as possible.  

Later, Delycia went on a shopping expedition while I stayed home and worked on some poems. I sent poems out to three journals (and received two rejections), and did some further polishing on a number of poems. It was a quiet and still summery morning and afternoon, and my work went quietly along. 
Image result for paintings of apples
"Delicious Apples"
oil by Cheri Wollenberg

Later -- lucky me -- I drove down to the Holmberg Orchards store and bought $15 + worth of apples and pears. They are the absolute best -- sweet and round hunks of heaven!