Saturday, August 11, 2018


This morning, we did something unusual for us -- separate workouts. Cia has signed up for Y again (I'm still thinking about it), so she went there for her workout, while I stayed home and got a good 30 minute workout while watching the welcome rain falling around the house. I swung my arms here and there, bent my torso up and down, stretched every muscle I could think of, did countless push-ups, and ended up breathing fast and sweating a lot. I suspect I'll be joining the Y before long, and will definitely enjoy going with Cia and sweating together. 

We had a wonderful conversation with Matty today, for a good - really good - two hours. He came to tell us about his recent stay at Catty's country retreat cabin in the Catskills, and he impressed both Cia and me with his youthful wisdom. True, he's 45, but still his wisdom seems youthful in the best way -- humble, enthusiastic, and always searching.  We are so lucky to have a son like him.