Saturday, November 3, 2018




     I thoroughly enjoyed our weekly writing class yesterday. The topic was "soul", and I was surprised by how well people reacted to it. Some of the writing - maybe most - seemed sincere and quite powerful, as if the topic had opened up memories and feelings that had been forgotten. I wrote a short piece, but after listening to many of the writers share their sincere and often inspiring stories about "soul", I decided not to read what I had written. Somehow, it seemed sort of dim and in the shadows compared to the very honest words of the other writers.

 * * * * *


Yesterday's poem...


ABUNDANCE
11/2/18
Several times each day – sometimes each hour –
it comes to me that my life is one of absolute abundance.
I see it everywhere –
in the profusion of clouds above our house this afternoon,
in the great hordes of leaves now lying across lawns,
even in the swarms of thoughts
that circle through me almost constantly.
Whole stacks of possibilities await me each morning,
and long lines of doors
seem to open for my life all day long.
At any moment,
I am one of gazillions of brand new creations
in this bounteous universe,
and many  thousands of generous  roads
are waiting  for me.   

* * * * *

And magnetic messages ....









Lovely autumn trees in the cemetery on Rte. 27 this afternoon ... 



No comments:

Post a Comment