Thursday, October 11, 2018


   Yesterday, Cia and I spent a few hours in New Haven, walking the crowded college streets, picnicking in one of the still green but autumn-colorful parks, and then seeing a stunning performance at Yale Rep. The play was "El Huracan", a world -premier story of storms outside us and inside us -- hurricanes and Alzheimer's. I often get lost as I try to follow the plays the Rep puts on, but this play, while complex, was also wise and inspiring. I loved it. 
   Walking to and from the theater was not easy, since I somehow injured my back a few weeks ago, making walking or even standing not an easy project. Luckily, I had my Cia constantly by my side, encouraging me in her quiet and knowledgeable way.  


Image result for image "el huracan" yale rep






     In the sunroom, Cia set up this lovely bouquet of cosmos flowers from her garden yesterday -- a regal display for these early autumn days.